(1) Is it correct that for LPI Linux Essentials there is a testing system differing from Prometric/PersonVue?
Answer: Yes, this is correct. There is a LPI testing system for Linux Essentials. This is a screen shot from the login screen:
(2) Which software must be installed on our test PC?
Answer: Browser: Chrome; Firefox Version 10 or better; Safari 5 or higher; Internet Explorer Browser 7 or higher
Operatin System: common Linux operation systems (Ubuntu, Suse, Red Hat, etc) or Microsoft XP or higher
(3) Is it necessary to install a special software on the admin PC, if yes, which?
Answer: No, it is not necessary to install a special software on the admin PC. The functions on the admin PC are provided through the browser.
(4) How does the actual test look like?
Answer: The exam has 40 questions, either multiple-choice or fill-in-the blank, similar to the usual LPIC questions. The proctor checks in the candidate to the system. The test starts when the candidate starts the exam.
(5) How much time does the candidate have?
Answer: maximum 60 minutes.
(6) Are there different languages available?
Answer: The exams are available in English and German.
(7) Are there different exams/certifications?
Answer: No, currently there is one exam "Linux Essentials (010)" and one "Linux Essentials Certificate".
(8) How much does the exam cost?
Answer: There are different prices for exams beeing held at test centers with academic partners and with commercial partners. The current price for LPI Linux Essentials exams at academic partners is 50 EUR. The current price for LPI Linux Essentials exams at commercial partners is 65 EUR.
(9) Who is the contact person at LPI CE for test centers and candidates?
Answer: Contact person at LPI Central Europe: Ellen Rebein
Please send your requests via e-mail to info(at)lpice.eu
(10) What about scheduling a test, payment, cancelling through the candidate? Is there an activation code necessary?
Answer: Scheduling a test: Test center sends name and LPI ID of the candidate to LPI CE.
Payment: Test center orders enrolment key at LPI CE. Currently candidates cannot order voucher codes.
Activation key: LPI creates the enrolment key which the proctor uses to log in the candidate.
(11) Do the candidates register via a website or do they have to register via the test center?
Answer: Test center sends name and LPI ID of the candidate to LPI CE. LPI creates the enrolment key which the proctor uses to log in the candidate.
(12) Does the proctor need a special training or LPI certification?
Answer: The proctor gets an introduction to the system from LPI CE. The proctor has to sign a LPI Non-Disclosure-Agreement (NDA). The proctor needs a valid LPI ID, which can be obtained at https://cs.lpi.org/caf/Xamman/register .
(13) Are there exam vouchers available?
Answer: The test center has to order exam vouchers at LPI CE.
(14) Are there any promotions (Free trial, second shot...)?
Answer: No, currently no special promotions are planned.